Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] F2Pool has enabled full replace-by-fee

From: Milly Bitcoin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:50:53 -0400

"prima facie" generally means that in a court case the burden of proof 
shifts from one party to another. For instance, if you have a federal 
trademark registration that is prima fascia evidence of those rights 
even though they could still be challenged.  To say a prosecutor would 
have prima fascia evidence of a crime because double spend was detected 
is quite a stretch.

On 6/19/2015 12:36 PM, Matt Whitlock wrote:
> On Friday, 19 June 2015, at 3:53 pm, [email-masked] wrote:
>> I'd also like to note that "prima facie" doesn't mean "always", it means
>> that "the default assumption, unless proven otherwise."
> Why would you automatically assume fraud by default? Shouldn't the null hypothesis be the default? Without any information one way or another, you ought to make *no assumption* about the fraudulence or non-fraudulence of any given double-spend.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Bitcoin-development mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bitcoin-development
>