Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP Process and Votes

From: Milly Bitcoin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 20:13:20 -0400

The concern with that is that any FAQ will be developed by the same 
small group that controls the github now so they will spin it in an 
unrealistic way.  You see the problem now with the Bitcoin wiki.  While 
the wiki has some valuable information, it also has a number of 
incorrect and cult-like claims about how Bitcoin works.  Tim Swanson has 
made some good videos that describe some of the misinformation that 
often gets repeated on the Wiki and other places.

I had suggested the info on the Wiki be reevaluated piece-by-piece and 
moved to Bitcoin.org but the developers didn't like that. Attempts to 
edit the Wiki often leads to the articles being defaced by the 
maintainers so that is a waste of time.

Russ

On 6/28/2015 5:00 PM, Adam Back wrote:
> I think we need a second mailing list: bitcoin-process for people to
> learn about bitcoin process.
>
> And someone to write a FAQ on it's sign up page so people interested
> could at least discuss from a starting point of understanding how and
> why it works the way it does!
>
> Adam
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>