Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Significant losses by double-spending unconfirmed transactions

From: Milly Bitcoin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:57:27 -0400

> (note how Chainalysis's actions were
> described(1) as a sybil attack by multiple Bitcoin devs, including
> Gregory Maxwell, Wladimir van der Laan, and myself)

As far as I know none of those people are security experts nor do they 
engage in systematic risk and threat analysis.  Simply because they are 
experts in Bitcoin development does not make them expert in other areas. 
  Many of those involved in Bitcoin think that because they know Bitcoin 
that they somehow have become experts in other areas.  That is one 
reason why so many Bitcoin companies have been hacked.

An "attack" according to ISO/IEC 27000 "is any attempt to destroy, 
expose, alter, disable, steal or gain unauthorized access to or make 
unauthorized use of an asset."  The situation you are describing is not 
an "attack," they are providing a service.  Satoshi Dice is also not 
"spam," it is again providing a service within the rules set forth in 
the software.  The people going around claiming these are "spam" and 
"attacks" spend too much time of Reddit or they have an ulterior motive. 
  In any case these baseless accusations and arguments waste inordinate 
amounts of time.

Russ