Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Proposal: extend bip70 with OpenAlias

From: Thomas Voegtlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 15:07:37 +0200

Le 23/07/2015 11:48, Thomas Voegtlin via bitcoin-dev a écrit :
> 
> One benefit of having an intermediate "_wallet" level is to allow zone
> delegation. Is that the reason for that choice?
> 

Thinking about it, I think that it would be better to separate those two
operations: on one hand, the listing of TXT records under a name, and on
the other hand, the possibility to use Zone Delegation.

For example, let us use the "_oa2" name (Openalias version 2) when we
need to introduce an intermediate level, and "_oa2_keys" for key listing.

Here is an example:

_oa2_keys.sample      3600 IN TXT "btc ltc email fullname"
_btc.sample           3600 IN TXT "bitcoinaddress"
_ltc.sample           3600 IN TXT "litecoinaddress"
_btc.sample           3600 IN TXT "otherbitcoinaddress"
_email.sample         3600 IN TXT "[email-masked]"
_fullname.sample      3600 IN TXT "John Smith"

Zone Delegation: Let us assume example.com wants to delegate all its
Bitcoin aliases to Netki. We introduce an intermediate level, with the
"_oa2" name. In the alias, this string is translated as "@"

john._oa2.example.com        <--  will be looked up as [email-masked]
_btc.john._oa2.example.com   <--  bitcoin address of [email-masked]