Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Block size following technological growth

From: Venzen Khaosan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 22:28:56 +0700

On 07/31/2015 09:58 PM, Mike Hearn via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> How more users or more nodes can bring more miners, or more
> importantly, improve mining decentralization?
> 
> 
> Because the bigger the ecosystem is the more interest there is in
> taking part?

The logic just flows from one to the other does it? So because Islam
is the biggest religious ecosystem in the world now you and me are
just burning to take part?

By your logic, most people in Asia would horde (or want to pay using)
Chinese Yuan, only they don't. The Yuan and the Yen are the dominant
currencies of large transaction settlement in the region, but try to
use it on the street and you're met with puzzled bemusement, Mike Hearn.

Bitcoin is not suitable as a currency for pervasive dominance, and
ideals of pushing it into every heart and mind around the globe is no
different from religious zealotry.

Bitcoin has its place and we're only at the beginning of a gradual
evolution. How can I say that? Because I'm looking across the rice
paddy to where my neighbors have not adopted the innovation of the
lightbulb, and burn candles for light and cook with gas. And they're
not an anomaly around here or in Asia, Africa and South America.