Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Block size following technological growth

From: Venzen Khaosan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 20:42:30 +0700

On 08/04/2015 08:28 PM, Hector Chu via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> On 4 August 2015 at 14:13, Jorge Timón <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
> 2) It doesn't matter who is to blame about the current
> centralization: the fact remains that the blocksize maximum is the
> only** consensus rule to limit mining centralization.
> 
> 
> Repeating a claim ad-nauseum doesn't make it necessarily true. A
> block size limit won't prevent miners in the future from buying
> each other out.
> 

It plays both ways, the technical list requires a proof of concept and
simulation upon which to base judgment going forward, else we'll just
be talking out our backsides (like certain people) without making any
progress.

The tools for simulation exist: Jorge Timon created a variable
blocksize regtest PR here:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6382

No-one needs to postulate what different blocksizes imply  - anyone
can run a simulation and demonstrate what they're talking about.

> _______________________________________________ bitcoin-dev mailing
> list [email-masked] 
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>