Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT 0.11A

From: Milly Bitcoin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 16:36:48 -0400

> So if you want a user vote, that's an issue that'd have to be tackled:
> the people who admin the main communication channels Bitcoin users have
> vowed to censor any program that doesn't slavishly follow 51%+ hash
> power. That attempt to control the conversation is certainly not
> libertarian or democratic in nature, but there you go.

These types of actions are immediately apparent to anyone who looks at 
the Bitcoin ecosystem (Bitcoin.org, Githib, Wiki, bitcointalk, etc.) and 
were readily apparent long before any block size debate.  It is almost a 
taboo subject and anyone who raises these types of issues is immediately 
labeled as a "troll."  These are the people who used to run around 
saying that Bitcoin development is "decentralized" because anyone can 
fork the code and now many of the same people claim a fork will destroy 
everything.

The problem is that a small group of highly irrational and inexperienced 
people (outside of the small and unusual Bitcoin ecosystem) have control 
over the majority of the resources.  I think over time the problem will 
even itself out but currently it is an obstacle in moving Bitcoin forward.

Russ