Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Dynamically Controlled Bitcoin Block Size Max Cap

From: Milly Bitcoin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:30:37 -0400

Yes, I am familiar with the process as i spent years doing it.  Many 
here are familiar with the Bitcoin issues but they are not familiar with 
addressing risk in a systematic way.  There are many good posts but they 
are dispersed among thousands of messages and the discussions are in a 
variety of contexts.  As a result, the same things are often argued over 
and over and much time is wasted.  Note that knowing a technical area 
and knowing a process to analyze metrics are two different things.

I am glad you want to participate in such a process.  Several developers 
on this list have mentioned the need for a decentralization metric so i 
think that is a good place to start.  I suggest getting the other 
developers/experts together and send me the various into and tools you 
have and I will put it together into a useable format.  The idea is to 
create a living document so people can discuss changes in a similar 
context.

Russ

On 8/20/2015 8:58 PM, Peter Todd wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 08:45:53PM -0400, Milly Bitcoin via bitcoin-dev wrote:
>
> You know, I've noticed you've spent a tremendous amount of time and
> energy on this list promoting these kinds of metrics; obviously you're
> somewhat of an expert on this compared to the rest of us.
>
> Why don't you look into spearheading one of these analyses yourself to
> show us how it's done?