Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] [BIP/Draft] BIP Acceptance Process

From: Milly Bitcoin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 17:05:02 -0400

> IMO trying to "set up a system" in that kind of environment is silly,

The first step is to define the system that is currently in place. 
There is a system in place but it is just close to the vest and 
sometimes not discussed in public.  This works when Bitcoin has a small 
number of stakeholder but does not work well as other parties with 
diverse interests get involved.  You can't expect major players to 
invest large sums when the process is controlled by a tiny group of 
people where some of those people have rather unusual opinions about 
things and limited experience outside of technical areas within Bitcoin.

You just don't have enough experience in working on large projects to 
understand the benefits of the proposal discussed.  I suggest you look 
into into and get some experience instead of posting rants that 
highlight your inexperience.  What is silly is using a process that 
involves hyperbolic twitter and reddit posts.

Basically such a process does not replace the analysis that is done now, 
it just makes it transparent and attempts to make it consistent so there 
is not all this confusion over comparing apples and oranges.  Here is 
link that discusses some of the benefits and limitations of doing this: 
  http://www.jakeman.com.au/media/whats-right-with-risk-matrices.

Russ