Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Improving Blocksize Communication Through Markets

From: Paul Sztorc <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:15:07 -0400

Dear List,

1. Are you sick of hearing about THE BLOCKSIZE?
2. Do you feel that long-settled blocksize issues are coming up again
and again, resulting in duplicated work and communications burnout?
3. Do you feel that, while scalability is important and all, people
should just shut up about it already so that you can talk about X
Feature that you actually spent your time on?
4. Do you ever stop and think: How much *money* was spent for everyone
to travel to Montreal, stay at their hotels, and to rent the conference
venue and broadcasting accommodations? Shouldn't there be a way of just
*purchasing* the information we wanted more directly?
5. Do you feel that the inherent subjectivity of the conversation
encourages “political maneuvers” such as character assassination,
reduction of complex issues to minimal (two) unrepresentative “parties”,
and harassment / threats of violence (for the “greater good”)?

As I presented at the Montreal Conference, there is a way to
substantially improve the discussion. Would you believe that Hal Finney
himself advocated it just seven short years ago?

I happen to know it back-to-front, and the (simple) pieces are already
coded into my own more-complex project Truthcoin.

You could wait for me to hack the pieces together myself (which might
take a long time), or you, a competent/fast C++ developer familiar with
Bitcoin and/or Sidechain-Elements, could talk to me for 30 minutes, and
(depending on your skill level) bang it out in, probably, one weekend.

More details are on the project page ( http://bitcoinblocksize.com/ ),
some technical details are in the Github README.

I have also created a Slack:
https://blocksize-markets.slack.com/messages/general/

Sincerely,
Paul