Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Refreshed BIP324

From: Dhruv M <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2022 12:59:58 +0000

Hi all,

We have refreshed the proposal for BIP324, a new bitcoin P2P protocol
featuring opportunistic encryption, a mild bandwidth reduction, and the
ability
to negotiate upgrades before exchanging application messages. We'd like
to invite community members to review the BIP[1] and the related Bitcoin
Core
code[2].

The proposal has a rich history[3]. The big changes since the last public
appearance[4] are:

* Elligator-swift encoding for the pubkeys in the ECDH exchange to
obtain a pseudorandom bytestream
* x-only ECDH secret derivation
* Transport versioning that allows for upgradability
* Trafic shapability using decoy packets and a shapable handshake
* Complete rewrite of the BIP text

We look forward to your review and comments.

-Dhruv, Tim and Pieter

[1] BIP Pull Request: https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1378

[2] All historical and current PRs: https://bip324.com/sections/code-review/

[3] https://bip324.com/sections/bip-review/

[4] https://gist.github.com/dhruv/5b1275751bc98f3b64bcafce7876b489