Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Proposed BIP for MuSig2 PSBT Fields

From: Andrew Chow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 23:59:16 +0000

On 10/11/2023 07:47 PM, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 10:28:37PM +0000, Andrew Chow via bitcoin-dev wrote:
>> I've written up a BIP draft for MuSig2 PSBT fields. It can be viewed at
>> https://github.com/achow101/bips/blob/musig2-psbt/bip-musig2-psbt.mediawiki.
> 
> I was hoping to see adaptor signature support in this; but it seems that's
> also missing from BIP 327?

This is the first time I've heard of that, so it wasn't something that I 
considered adding to the BIP. Really the goal was to just be able to use 
BIP 327.

But that doesn't preclude a future BIP that specifies how to use adaptor 
signatures and to have additional PSBT fields for it. It doesn't look 
like those are mutually exclusive in any way or that the fields that 
I've proposed wouldn't still work.

I don't know enough about the topic to really say much on whether or how 
such fields would work.

> FWIW, "participant" is typoed a bunch ("particpant")and the tables are
> hard to read: you might consider putting the description as a separate
> row? eg:
> 
>   https://github.com/ajtowns/bips/blob/202310-table/bip-musig2-psbt.mediawiki

Yes, I've been making some minor fixes throughout the day, and I'll 
probably take your suggestion for the tables. Mediawiki tables are the 
bane of my existence.

Andrew