Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Custom signet for testing full RBF

From: alicexbt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 06:36:23 +0000

Hi Bitcoin Developers,

I have setup a [custom signet][0] for testing full RBF. You can connect to one or more of these nodes using `addnode`:

13.115.34.55 (issuer, full-rbf)
kfupbqwb2yvzzqjomfq5pkem553a6uzp2k73seqn4d46smy7azua.b32.i2p (rbf-optin)
luvczzzppiqnc2b7poivkxlugafe3uqaj245ebjqxtceio7poaorqcyd.onion (full-rbf)

Example config:

```
signet=1
signetchallenge=5121035daaa313aada6310340a242af17238cc1fd8849e875940bce65a60ac7e0e0ff751ae
proxy=127.0.0.1:9050

[signet]
addnode=luvczzzppiqnc2b7poivkxlugafe3uqaj245ebjqxtceio7poaorqcyd.onion

mempoolfullrbf=1
```

Example for a simple test case:

- Run 2 nodes
- Connect node 1 with i2p node and use default opt-in rbf
- Connect node 2 with node 1 and onion node. This node should use `mempoolfullrbf=1` in config and compile bitcoind using PR [#26454][1] branch
- Broadcast Tx1 using node 2 and replace with Tx2 using `bumpfee` RPC

It will be fun to test with more nodes joining this custom signet. If anyone interested to test, please post your bitcoin address in [full-rbf room][2]. We can even setup an explorer if this experiment makes sense.

[0]: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Signet#Custom_Signet
[1]: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/26454
[2]: #full-rbf:matrix.org

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

/dev/fd0