Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin Classic 1.2.0 released

From: Tom Zander <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 11:16:28 +0100

Bitcoin Classic version 1.2.0 is now available from;

 <https://bitcoinclassic.com/gettingstarted.html>

This is a new major version release, including new features, various 
bugfixes and performance improvements.

This release marks a change in strategy for Bitcoin Classic, moving from the 
very conservative block size proposal based on compromise to one where 
Classic truly innovates and provides a long term solution for the market to 
choose and leave behind the restrictions of the old.

The most visible change in this version is the decentralised block size 
solution where node operators decide on the maximum size.

Bitcoin Classic is focused on providing users a way to get onto the Bitcoin 
network using a high quality validating node for a large set of use cases. 
Classic presents top notch quality processes in this release, to help anyone 
running Bitcoin.

We include in this release various projects with the beta label. People who 
want to use the Classic node as an on-ramp to Bitcoin will find them 
interesting. These projects will need to be enabled in the config by those 
that want to test them.

More background information on this release and Classic can be seen in this 
video: https://vimeo.com/192789752
The full release notes are on github at 
https://github.com/bitcoinclassic/bitcoinclassic/releases/tag/v1.2.0

-- 
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io
Vlog: https://vimeo.com/channels/tomscryptochannel