Subject: [bitcoindev] Bitcoin Core 26.2 released

From: Gloria Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 07:59:41 -0700 (PDT)

Bitcoin Core version 26.2 is now available from:

  <https://bitcoincore.org/bin/bitcoin-core-26.2/>

Or through BitTorrent:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9f9db55bc8fcfe0081904613a4f54cdfe306c789&dn=bitcoin-core-26.2&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexplodie.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.bitcoin.sprovoost.nl%3A6969&ws=http%3A%2F%2Fbitcoincore.org%2Fbin%2F

This release includes new features, various bug fixes and performance
improvements, as well as updated translations.

Please report bugs using the issue tracker at GitHub:

  <https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues>

To receive security and update notifications, please subscribe to:

  <https://bitcoincore.org/en/list/announcements/join/>

How to Upgrade
==============

If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has 
completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes in some cases), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over `/Applications/Bitcoin-Qt` (on 
macOS)
or `bitcoind`/`bitcoin-qt` (on Linux).

Upgrading directly from a version of Bitcoin Core that has reached its EOL 
is
possible, but it might take some time if the data directory needs to be 
migrated. Old
wallet versions of Bitcoin Core are generally supported.

Compatibility
==============

Bitcoin Core is supported and extensively tested on operating systems
using the Linux kernel, macOS 11.0+, and Windows 7 and newer.  Bitcoin
Core should also work on most other Unix-like systems but is not as
frequently tested on them.  It is not recommended to use Bitcoin Core on
unsupported systems.

Notable changes
===============

### Script

- #29853: sign: don't assume we are parsing a sane TapMiniscript

### P2P and network changes

- #29691: Change Luke Dashjr seed to dashjr-list-of-p2p-nodes.us
- #30085: p2p: detect addnode cjdns peers in GetAddedNodeInfo()

### RPC

- #29869: rpc, bugfix: Enforce maximum value for setmocktime
- #28554: bugfix: throw an error if an invalid parameter is passed to 
getnetworkhashps RPC
- #30094: rpc: move UniValue in blockToJSON
- #29870: rpc: Reword SighashFromStr error message

### Build

- #29747: depends: fix mingw-w64 Qt DEBUG=1 build
- #29985: depends: Fix build of Qt for 32-bit platforms with recent glibc
- #30151: depends: Fetch miniupnpc sources from an alternative website
- #30283: upnp: fix build with miniupnpc 2.2.8

### Misc

- #29776: ThreadSanitizer: Fix #29767
- #29856: ci: Bump s390x to ubuntu:24.04
- #29764: doc: Suggest installing dev packages for debian/ubuntu qt5 build
- #30149: contrib: Renew Windows code signing certificate

Credits
=======

Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release:

- Antoine Poinsot
- Ava Chow
- Cory Fields
- dergoegge
- fanquake
- glozow
- Hennadii Stepanov
- Jameson Lopp
- jonatack
- laanwj
- Luke Dashjr
- MarcoFalke
- nanlour
- willcl-ark

As well as to everyone that helped with translations on
[Transifex](https://www.transifex.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/).

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/7e91333a-0b83-4815-8522-47d298a3d2f1n%40googlegroups.com.