Subject: [bitcoindev] New BIP Editors: 1 Year Later

From: "'Ava Chow' via Bitcoin Development Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2025 01:01:55 +0000

Hi All,

During last year's discussion on adding new BIP Editors, AJ [noted][1] 
that it might be worthwhile to have some sort of review process of the 
BIP Editors in order to import the BIPs process. Since it has been more 
than a year since the new BIP Editors were added, it seems like a good 
time to take a look back.

The 5 new BIP Editors were added in April of last year. In the time 
since, the BIPs repository has seen a lot more action and the addition 
of new BIP Editors seems to me to be quite successful.

In the 15 months prior to adding the new BIP Editors, the BIP Editors had:
- Left 80 comments
- Merged 44 PRs
- Closed 6 PRs
- Assigned 4 BIP numbers

In the 15 months since adding the new BIP Editors, the BIP Editors have:
- Left 1272 comments
- Merged 261 PRs
- Closed 122 PRs
- Assigned 22 BIP numbers

This improvement is very much welcome and the BIPs process no longer 
feels stuck.

That being said, there is significant variance in the activity of the 
Editors, with only a couple Editors accounting for the vast majority of 
the aforementioned activity. This raises the question of whether all of 
the current BIP Editors want to dedicate their time to serving the 
community in this role, and whether there are others who could take 
their place as well.

Thanks,
Ava

[1]: https://groups.google.com/g/bitcoindev/c/cuMZ77KEQAA/m/hplkMlcmBwAJ

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/8285fb0c-119b-42b8-a530-194650b87ebe%40achow101.com.