Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] This thread is not about the soft/hard fork technical debate

From: Eric Lombrozo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 16:18:12 -0700

I agree with you, Sergio, up until the part about someone having won a battle. There's a difference between sincere technical objections and someone just being a dick. I think in this case this line has been crossed (and I don't think I'm alone here).

- Eric

On October 5, 2015 8:56:33 AM PDT, Sergio Demian Lerner via bitcoin-dev <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Some of the people on this mailing list are blindly discussing the
>technicalities of a soft/hard fork without realizing that is not Mike's
>main intention. At least I perceive (and maybe others too) something
>else
>is happening.
>
>Let me try to clarify: the discussion has nothing to do with technical
>arguments. I generally like more hard forks than soft forks (but I
>won't
>explain why because this is not a technical thread), but for CLTV this
>is
>quite irrelevant (but I won't explain why..), and I want CLTV to be
>deployed asap.
>
>Mike's intention is to criticize the informal governance model of
>Bitcoin
>Core development and he has strategically pushed the discussion to a
>dead-end where the group either:
>
>1) ignores him, which is against the established criteria that all
>technical objections coming from anyone must be addressed until that
>person
>agrees, so that a change can be uncontroversial. If the group moves
>forward
>with the change, then the "uncontroversial" criteria is violated and
>then
>credibility is lost. So a new governance model would be required for
>which
>the change is within the established rules.
>
>2) respond to his technical objections one after the other, on never
>ending
>threads, bringing the project to a standstill.
>
>As I don't want 2) to happen, then 1) must happen, which is what Mike
>wants. I have nothing for or against Mike personally. I just think Mike
>Hearn has won this battle. But having a more formal decision making
>process
>may not be too bad for Bitcoin, maybe it can actually be good.
>
>Best regards
> from a non-developer to my dearest developer friends,
>  Sergio.
>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>bitcoin-dev mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.