Subject: [bitcoindev] Re: Adding New BIP Editors

From: Larry Ruane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 12:18:24 -0700 (PDT)

I support Atack and Murch as BIP editors. I know both personally; I don't 
know Kanzure, Ruben, or Roasbeef, but from my general impression and what I 
read here, they would be good choices too.

I'll mention some reasons for support for Jon Atack.

   - He's neutral and independent; he does not align himself with factions
   - He's written many excellent PR review comments, demonstrating good 
   writing skills. Being a BIP editor doesn't involve (much) writing, but good 
   writing skill allows one to evaluate others' writing
   - His articles on https://jonatack.github.io/articles have been helpful 
   to me; he's contributed to Optech and PR Review Club
   - He's been highly committed to bitcoin and bitcoin core for many years, 
   even living the bitcoin life in El Salvador
   - He has many relationships in the bitcoin community and seems to get 
   along well with everyone

My reasons for supporting Murch can be briefer because he's so well-known, 
and I agree with what others have written.

   - He's contributed to bitcoin and core in myriad ways, too many to 
   mention
   - Many of his contributions have revolved around writing (Optech, 
   StackExchange, conference presentations)
   - He has a good "big picture" view of all of the bitcoin ecosystem while 
   simultaneously having a deep technical understanding of several areas

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/87e8fcb4-c11f-4f6f-8cf5-e9a4b7a066abn%40googlegroups.com.