Subject: Re: [bitcoindev] Re: Adding New BIP Editors

From: Luke Dashjr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 17:40:00 -0500

On 2/27/24 15:11, 'Léo Haf' via Bitcoin Development Mailing List wrote:
> Luke should choose the new editors himself, especially since he has 
> already made a call for applications.

Thanks, but this is for the broader development community to decide, not 
just any one person.

My tweet got many people volunteering in response, and while I agree 
another dev reviewing new BIPs would be helpful, I do think it would be 
best to have non-devs contribute by triaging what doesn't require dev 
skills.

Of those who actually put their names forward, Jon Atack and Roasbeef 
stand out as long-time devs to consider (though I have reservations 
about Roasbeef for this role). (Kanzure and Ruben both seem undecided if 
they're even available to help at this time.) For non-dev triaging, I 
would suggest we consider testing out the idea with perhaps Seccour 
and/or Greg Tonoski.

Assigning BIP numbers itself is easy enough. The hard part is evaluating 
if the new proposal meets the criteria - which definitely needs dev 
skills (mainly for technical soundness). So IMO we should move forward 
with more editors ASAP without waiting for a new way to coordinate the 
numbering (we can deal with that later/in parallel to solving the 
immediate need).

Luke

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Bitcoin Development Mailing List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email-masked].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bitcoindev/9288df7b-f2e9-4106-b843-c1ff8f8a62a3%40dashjr.org.