Subject: [Bitcoin-development] Development priorities

From: Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:32:57 -0400

Right!  I'm back from the CIA, and trying to ignore all the reporters
who want to talk with me.

I want to do a quick brain dump on what I think the short-term
development priorities are.  Here's my list:

1) Scaling-up issues, like disconnections when downloading the block chain.

2) Wallet security.

3) Unit testing framework.  There was a PULL that had the start of
boost unit tests; I think that is a critical need, along with a good
suite of test cases.

Those are the big issues for me.  Anything that slows those down I'm
going to ignore (example: love the idea of escrow transactions, but I
do NOT want to add nifty new features when we're having trouble
keeping the features we're using now working properly).

Does everybody agree those are the critical priorities? (try not to
let this thread wander into a discussion of HOW to do stuff, just WHAT
the priorities aught to be)

-- 
--
Gavin Andresen
http://clearcoin.com/