Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT Fork

From: GC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 09:00:50 +0800

Can this anecdote and similar be removed from the mailing list.

Possibly one of the reddits is a better place for this kind of thing.

On 20/8/15 7:56 am, "Jorge Timón via bitcoin-dev"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>By the way, now that I remember why I subscribed to the libbitcoin
>list I want to share it with you.
>I met Amir Taaki in person in a spanish hackmeeting and had the chance
>to talk a lot with him, very interesting person whose input in this
>blocksize matter I would greatly appreciate. He explained some of his
>concerns with Bitcoin Core (Bitcoin-qt at the time) and he
>specifically named 2 persons: Mike Hearn and Gavin Andresen. If I
>remember correctly, Hearn had recently proposed a blacklisting scheme
>for Bitcoin.
>
>I remember I said something along the lines:
>"Mike Hearn has certainly proposed some nasty things but I don't think
>other devs will ever accept that kind of changes in Bitcoin-qt.
>Regarding Gavin, I believe he is someone that can be trusted even if
>he visited the CIA. If anything, I think he is overly conservative
>about some changes, but that's very understandable given how fragile
>Bitcoin is (specially at this early stage)".
>
>Looking back, I now realize that his concerns were not exaggerated at
>all and I was clearly wrong thinking Gavin was overly conservative.
>He was also worried about the payment protocol and we agreed to
>disagree there (maybe I should read all the payment protocol stuff
>more deeply).
>
>I don't want this to be taken as an argument of authority "Mike and
>Gavin cannot be trusted because Amir didn't trust them", just as a
>curious anecdote.
>Amir, I wouldn't like to put words in your mouth: that's why I cc'ed
>you so you can correct me in case my memory is failing.
>_______________________________________________
>bitcoin-dev mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev