Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol Proposal: Invoices/Payments/Receipts

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 17:34:12 -0500

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Roy Badami <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 10:28:13PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
>> Witness the absurd design of SMTP that means you can't
>> start a paragraph with the word From because that's a new-message
>> marker!
>
> Actually that has absolutely nothing to do with SMTP.  It's down to
> the file format of the standard BSD UNIX mailbox (which uses lines
> beginning with 'From ' to delimit messages).

His point (pun intended) stands.  SMTP uses "." terminator, which also
causes annoying confusion.

You shouldn't need to escape and unescape data that is not being
interpreted in any way.

-- 
Jeff Garzik
exMULTI, Inc.
[email-masked]