Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] new bitcoin.org clients page

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 19:04:08 -0400

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Amir Taaki <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Check it :) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.org/pull/34

Personally, all this seems far too focused on a centralized website
(bitcoin.org), and presents far too many choices at once to the user.

On bitcoin.org (registered by Satoshi), I would rather see the Satoshi
reference client and perhaps an "other clients" link on the wiki.

Modern websites are working hard to _reduce_ the number of download
links, not _increase_ them.  See, e.g.
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora where a single download choice
is presented, and then an "other options" link is below the great big
download button.

Rather than fighting over what a particular bitcoin.org page should
look like, why not maintain an independently managed
BitcoinClients.org website?  Or GetBitcoinClient.org or somesuch.

Solve this problem in a distributed fashion, rather than stuffing it
all onto bitcoin.org.  Bitcoin.org, IMO, is the home of the "reference
project" not the entire bitcoin community.  Emphasizing that months
ago was why the forum was moved to bitcointalk.org.

-- 
Jeff Garzik
exMULTI, Inc.
[email-masked]