Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT 0.11A

From: Mike Hearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 19:02:18 +0200

Hello,

As promised, we have released Bitcoin XT 0.11A which includes the bigger
blocks patch set. You can get it from

     https://bitcoinxt.software/

I feel sad that it's come to this, but there is no other way. The Bitcoin
Core project has drifted so far from the principles myself and many others
feel are important, that a fork is the only way to fix things.

Forking is a natural thing in the open source community, Bitcoin is not the
first and won't be the last project to go through this. Often in forks,
people say there was insufficient communication. So to ensure everything is
crystal clear I've written a blog post and a kind of "manifesto" to
describe why this is happening and how XT plans to be different from Core
(assuming adoption, of course).

The article is here:

    https://medium.com/@octskyward/why-is-bitcoin-forking-d647312d22c1

It makes no attempt to be neutral: this explains things from our point of
view.

The manifesto is on the website.

I say to all developers on this list: if you also feel that Core is no
longer serving the interests of Bitcoin users, come join us. We don't bite.