Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Memory leaks?

From: Mike Hearn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:09:40 +0200

Leaks are not the only explanation possible. Caches and fragmentation can
also give this sort of effect. Unfortunately the tools to debug this aren't
great. You could try a build with tcmalloc and use it to investigate heap
stats.

Odinn, trolling like a 3 year old will get you swiftly banned. Last warning.
On 14 Oct 2015 9:58 am, "Tom Zander" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 Oct 2015 14:56:08 Jonathan Toomim  via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> > Does anybody have any guesses where we might be leaking memory, or what
> is
> > using the additional 2.4 GB? I've been using minrelaytxfee=0.00003 or
> > similar on my nodes. Maybe there's a leak in the minrelaytxfee code path?
> > Has anyone else seen something similar?
>
> I suggest running it in valgrind with --leak-check=full for 10 minutes.
>
>   valgrind --leak-check=full src/bitcoind 2>&1 | tee out
>
> This at least will show you any memory leaks at exit.
> Naturally, the leaks you observe may just be design issues where cache can
> grow to much and when the cache is cleaned on shutdown you won't see it in
> the
> valgrind output.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "bitcoin-xt" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email-masked].
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>