Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] This thread is not about the soft/hard fork technical debate

From: Gregory Maxwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 21:26:01 +0000

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 9:08 PM, Tom Zander via bitcoin-dev
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Monday 5. October 2015 20.56.34 Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>>  (In this case, I don't even believe we have any regulator
>> contributors that disagree).
>
> Regular contributor?
>
> Please explain how for a fork in the protocol should you only listen to
> regular Bitcoin Core contributors?

I'm providing some perspective and scope-- referencing again your
comment about following actions-- what element of the many dozens of
responses suggests to you that _anyone_ is not being listened to?

While I'm sure its not intended; your selective editing ends up
butchering the meaning---- I pointed out that there have been
disputes, even ones involving regular contributors (and, implicitly,
that I'm not lying by omission in not mentioning that the dispute was
a joke or from someone well known to attack Bitcoin) or-- in other
words, evidence that the disagreement was not less meaningful than
what you're talking about here. That's all, sorry I was unclear again.

Did you see in my message that I invited you to take a look for
examples-- I think they're easily found and you would find it
informative. I really recommend spending some time looking.