Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] bitcoind stops responding

From: Gregory Maxwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:08:01 -0700

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Fatima Castiglione Maldonado 发
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> I am new on the list. I got a similar problem.
> If I put "sendToAdress" transactions to bitcoind, it will accept between 1
> and 3 transactions per minute, depending on the underlying machine.
> If I try to send one transaction every 20 seconds or less, bitcoind stops
> responding to RPC calls.
>
> Does anybody know of any solution / fix / workaround for this?

This is unrelated to Slush's question.

The complexity of IsConfirmed/Ismine is exponential and starts taking
tens of seconds at a chain of a dozen unconfirmed transactions (and
growing from there)

There are some patches that change this, but since the whole network
will only average about 7tx per second, you're probably doing
something wrong if you're building great big chains of unconfirmed
transaction.  Are you aware of sendmany?