Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Proposal: MultiBit as default desktop client on bitcoin.org

From: Gregory Maxwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 10:56:54 -0700

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Jim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Let me know if you think this is a good idea (or not!)
> and if you have any questions.

Being able to promote a fast SPV desktop wallet would be great!

I went through an cycle of testing on multibit after I saw some
complaints when it went up on the page before without at lot of
discussion. There were a number of issues with it at the time, in
particular the frequent deadlocks— though Mike was saying that those
should be fixed.

I see some of the the other things that were concerning for me at the
time are still uncorrected though, e.g. no proxy support (so users
can't follow our recommended best practices of using it with Tor),
that it reuses addresses (esp for change), that it doesn't clearly
distinguish confirmation level. It also make repeated https
connections to 141.101.113.245? (I'm not seeing the IP in the source,
and it doesn't have a useful reverse dns entry, so I can't tell what
its for).  Is there any timeframe for changing any of this stuff?