Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Updating the Scaling Roadmap

From: Jacob Eliosoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 03:27:32 -0400

Just a quick note in favor of an updated roadmap (some may object to that
label, but I think it's fine).  When you and your friends are planning your
weekly movie outing, it's very helpful to have someone who knows the group,
knows what films are playing, checks people's preferences, mails around
proposals, updates with corrections, keeps a list of choices for future
weeks, etc.  (Certainly not the same as imposing an agenda, except when the
coordinator gets pushy.)

Core veterans like those on this thread are well placed to compile (not
decree) such a document - basically an informed view of what looks likely
to get rough consensus, and in what order.  *Of course* some will dispute
the priorities etc, but it's my experience that if everyone virtuously
refrains from this kind of coordination effort, often the weekend rolls by
without a film.

Agreed that specific deadlines often create more problems than they solve,
but even without dates, clarifying priorities (eg, segwit before HF) is
still useful.

All this is aside from the fact that I have many criticisms of the "movies
chosen" so far and the criteria used to choose them - another thread
(basically, I support an interpretation of "consensus" that takes more note
of non-dev constituents).  The consensus-marshaling effort is still
important, and appreciated.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Paul Sztorc via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> And please try to avoid going off-topic -- this is supposed to be about
> the idea of a new roadmap.
>
> Paul
>
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>