Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Why not Child-Pays-For-Parent?

From: Micha Bailey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 23:28:27 +0300

Right. The issue (AIUI) is that, right now, even though transactions are
evaluated for inclusion as a group with CPFP, they're not yet evaluated for
relaying as a unit, nor can they be, because the current p2p protocol
doesn't have a way to send multiple transactions in a single protocol
message to signify that they should be evaluated together.

On Saturday, July 11, 2015, Luke Dashjr <[email-masked]> wrote:

> AFAIK the only thing holding it up is lack of unit tests. If anyone would
> like
> to implement those, I expect it'd be merged fairly soon. Then the problem
> is,
> as Jeff mentioned, getting the parent transactions relayed despite failing
> relay policy on their own.
>
> Luke
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>