Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Hard fork proposal from last week's meeting

From: Natanael <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 16:45:41 +0200

Den 1 apr. 2017 16:35 skrev "Eric Voskuil via bitcoin-dev" <
[email-masked]>:

On 03/31/2017 11:18 PM, Jared Lee Richardson wrote:
>> If a typical personal computer cannot run a node there is no
>> security.
>
> If you can't describe an attack that is made possible when typical
> personal computers can't run nodes, this kind of logic has no place
> in this discussion.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally
controlled networks..."

That's what's so great about Bitcoin. The blockchain is the same
everywhere.

So if you can connect to private peers in several jurisdictions, chances
are they won't all be lying to you in the exact same way. Which is what
they would need to do to fool you.

If you run your own and can't protect it, they'll just hack your node and
make it lie to you.