Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] [Opt-in full-RBF] Zero-conf apps in immediate danger

From: Sergej Kotliar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 09:45:13 +0200

There are many countermeasures that can be done, we've only implemented a
subset of them as more haven't been needed.

Mainly we wait some time to make sure any conflicting transaction has time
to propagate on the network. We have well connected nodes with basic
redundancy.
When they are available we sometimes use external block explorers for
certain nice-to-have enhancements, but it's absolutely not required for
zeroconf as they are frequently down.

I can of course only speak to our custom-built setup, presumably everyone
who accepts payments with bitcoin uses something similar. Regardless, let's
maybe not go as far as to say that anyone who accepts payments with bitcoin
is attacking bitcoin ;)

On Fri, 21 Oct 2022 at 21:33, Peter Todd <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 11:34:17AM +0200, Sergej Kotliar wrote:
> > This is factually incorrect and not required for us to do what we do.
>
> So how do you detect people sending conflicting transactions?
>
> --
> https://petertodd.org 'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
>

-- 

Sergej Kotliar

CEO

Twitter: @ziggamon <https://twitter.com/ziggamon>

www.bitrefill.com

Twitter <https://www.twitter.com/bitrefill> | Blog
<https://www.bitrefill.com/blog/> | Angellist <https://angel.co/bitrefill>