Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Mailing list downtime, archive, and its future

From: Bryan Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 18:34:05 -0600

Hi all,

Just fyi, but this bitcoin-dev mailing list has been down for a few weeks.
It's currently hosted by Linux Foundation, and they are slowly deprecating
their support for email. We will have to find an alternative service
provider for the mailing list moving forward. I have received a variety of
recommendations for how to move forward.

My one reservation in this process is that I am concerned about the
subscriber list and I am not sure how we want to treat this. I view this as
a possible privacy issue. For example, if we were to migrate to a new
mailing list, it's important that list subscribers are not disclosed. At
the same time, some people rely on this mailing list for important
announcements maybe even security announcements in some situations. I'd
appreciate feedback on what people think about this particular issue. Since
the mailing list is not reliable anymore, please remember to cc the
feedback to me directly.

In the mean time, here is an archive of the mailing list content including
some old timestamps in the opentimestamps format for some of the older
content:
http://diyhpl.us/~bryan/irc/bitcoin/bitcoin-dev/bitcoin-dev-mailing-list-archive-2019-03-05.zip

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507