Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP proposal: Increase block size limit to 2 megabytes

From: Jannes Faber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 06:21:00 +0100

On 6 Feb 2016 4:41 p.m., "Gavin Andresen via bitcoin-dev" <
[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Responding to "28 days is not long enough" :
>
> I keep seeing this claim made with no evidence to back it up.  As I said,
I surveyed several of the biggest infrastructure providers and the btcd
lead developer and they all agree "28 days is plenty of time."

28 days doesn't sound like enough for exchanges and others holding 3rd
party coins. They will have to start untangling the Bitcoins from
classiccoins immediately, while pausing all withdrawals. They *must* be
able to send their customers both coins as separate withdrawals. If not,
that amounts to theft of their customers funds.

(Note that the above describes the honest exchanges. Imagine the dishonest
ones that simply steal the classiccoins from their customers and sell them
for their own profit.)

The only other option is guaranteeing customers both coins in one
transaction, which they can't.

Surely you can't expect small entities to start putting in massive man
hours into this even before the hard fork has been triggered? Or even big
entities to have all that implemented and tested within *20* working days?

--
Jannes