Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Hard fork proposal from last week's meeting

From: Rodney Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 12:41:58 +1100

I didn't say typical, I said every. Currently a raspberry pi on shitty adsl
can run a full node. What's wrong with needing a high end pc and good
connectivity to run a full node?

People that want to, can. People that don't want to, won't, no matter how
low spec the machine you need.

If nobody uses bitcoin, all the security in the world provides no value.
The value of bitcoin is provided by people using bitcoin, and people will
only use bitcoin if it provides value to them.  Security is one aspect
only. And the failure to understand that is what has led to the block size
debate.

Rodney

On 1 Apr 2017 10:12, "Eric Voskuil" <[email-masked]> wrote:

On 03/31/2017 02:23 PM, Rodney Morris via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> If the obsession with every personal computer being able to run a
> fill node continues then bitcoin will be consigned to the dustbin
> of history,

The cause of the block size debate is the failure to understand the
Bitcoin security model. This failure is perfectly exemplified by the
above statement. If a typical personal computer cannot run a node
there is no security.

e