Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT Fork

From: Jorge Timón <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 01:56:02 +0200

By the way, now that I remember why I subscribed to the libbitcoin
list I want to share it with you.
I met Amir Taaki in person in a spanish hackmeeting and had the chance
to talk a lot with him, very interesting person whose input in this
blocksize matter I would greatly appreciate. He explained some of his
concerns with Bitcoin Core (Bitcoin-qt at the time) and he
specifically named 2 persons: Mike Hearn and Gavin Andresen. If I
remember correctly, Hearn had recently proposed a blacklisting scheme
for Bitcoin.

I remember I said something along the lines:
"Mike Hearn has certainly proposed some nasty things but I don't think
other devs will ever accept that kind of changes in Bitcoin-qt.
Regarding Gavin, I believe he is someone that can be trusted even if
he visited the CIA. If anything, I think he is overly conservative
about some changes, but that's very understandable given how fragile
Bitcoin is (specially at this early stage)".

Looking back, I now realize that his concerns were not exaggerated at
all and I was clearly wrong thinking Gavin was overly conservative.
He was also worried about the payment protocol and we agreed to
disagree there (maybe I should read all the payment protocol stuff
more deeply).

I don't want this to be taken as an argument of authority "Mike and
Gavin cannot be trusted because Amir didn't trust them", just as a
curious anecdote.
Amir, I wouldn't like to put words in your mouth: that's why I cc'ed
you so you can correct me in case my memory is failing.