Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] BIP 102 - kick the can down the road to 2MB

From: Jorge Timón <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 11:22:14 +0200

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 12:25 AM, Tier Nolan via bitcoin-dev
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Luke Dashjr <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Hardforks are not something where voting makes sense. They need consensus
>> among /nodes/, not majority among /miners/. No hardfork has ever had such
>> a
>> vote.
>
>
> Agreed.
>
> I meant that since some of the new hard fork proposals use a voting system
> for activation, they may not want to establish that precedent.

I wonder how many people read
http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-June/008936.html
apart from you...