Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Block size following technological growth

From: Jorge Timón <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 20:00:21 +0200

Gavin, Pieter, Mark, Gary, can we move the median time discussion to
its own thread?
http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-July/009731.html

I really don't want to fill this thread with that discussion.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Jorge Timón <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Venzen Khaosan <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I just had a look your existing Size N testnet code
>> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6382
>> and i'll set up a node over the weekend and post its address in that
>> PR's conversation. Do you or anyone else already have a node running?
>> what blocksize?
>
> Great! No, I'm not running any node right now at any size.
> Take into account that it's not a regular testnet (ie like testnet3),
> it's a regtest-like testnet to make mining and simulations cheap.
> That also means that anybody can trivially create reorgs, so it is
> expected to be used in a controlled environment (you can control which
> node creates a new block and when).