Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] What to do when contentious soft fork activations are attempted

From: Jorge Timón <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 03:57:39 +0200

It is quite ironic that yeah, it is quite ironic that the people who are
constantly basing their arguments on personal attack are also the ones who
complain the most about personal attacks. That's exactly the irony I was
trying to convey.
Just like some people claim that the only people against bip119 are people
ignorant about bip119, I can also claim that everyone against bip8 doesn't
really understand it, can't I?
The same people who spread the misinformation that bip8 "would be perceived
by most users as developers trying to dictate changes" are now complaining
about people spreading misinformation about their own proposals. I
personally find it as ironic as it can get.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed how ironic the whole situation is.
How often are the people claiming to be concerned about misinformation
precisely the ones who spread the most misinformation?
Very ironic indeed.

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 10:07 PM John Tromp via bitcoin-dev <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 May 2022 7:17PM Jorge Tim?n wrote
> > But let's not personally attack andreas for his opinions.
> > The only reason you don't like bip8 is because you're ignorant about it
> and
> > you haven't reviewed it enough.
>
> Can you see the irony in equating "clueless about BIP119" with a
> personal attack and then calling Jeremy ignorant about BIP8?
>
> -John
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev
>