Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin XT Fork

From: Jorge Timón <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 20:22:17 +0200

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 7:32 PM, Btc Drak via bitcoin-dev
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Adam Back via bitcoin-dev
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> ignored the warnings.  Many also warned that 75% was an optimally BAD
>> trigger ratio (and that in a hard fork it is not a miner vote really
>> as in soft-forks).  Gavin & Mike ignored that warning to.  I know they
>> heard those warnings because I told them 1:1 in person or via email
>> and had on going conversations.  Others did too.
>
> I would like to add for the record, I also warned Gavin of this in his
> PR to Bitcoin Core, and also suggested a timeout which if
> activation/enforcement did not occur within, hard fork deployment
> would be cancelled. His response was to delete these from the PR
> claiming thresholds were not relevant conversation in his PR and
> belonged elsewhere (even though they had already been discussed
> elsewhere).

I don't know the timeline for this, but maybe he was referring to
http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-July/009731.html
(where he is one of the few people that have participated).