Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Speedy Trial

From: Jorge Timón <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 19:36:03 +0100

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 6:25 PM Jeremy Rubin via bitcoin-dev
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Boker tov bitcoin devs,

I don't undesrtand what that means, sorry

>> A mechanism of soft-forking against activation exists.  What more do you want?
>
>
> Agreed -- that should be enough.

No, resistance should ideally be a priori, not a posteriori.

>
>>
>> Are we supposed to write the code on behalf of this hypothetical group of users who may or may not exist for them just so that they can have a node that remains stalled on Speedy Trial lockin?
>>
>> That simply isn't reasonable, but if you think it is, I invite you to create such a fork.
>
>
> Disagree.
>
> It is a reasonable ask.
>
> I've done it in about 40 lines of python: https://github.com/jeremyrubin/forkd
>
> Merry Christmas Jorge, please vet the code carefully before running.

40 lines of python code should be easy to bet even if the author was
very bad at writing readable code and obfuscated his code on purpose.
I don't know if it's the case, because, sorry, I'm not reviewing your
code at the moment.
"Vet the code carefully before running" strikes me as arrogant and
condescending. as if you were implying my engineering capacity was
very limited. If you say these things to me publicly, I can only only
imagine what you have told other devs behind my back about my capacity
(or even my ideology) if they ever asked (or perhaps without them
asking). I really hope you haven't lied to anyone about my ideology,
J.
Perhaps I do have "prosectution complex" with you indeed. Not with
Russel, but with you.
After all, I've publicly say I don't trust you, haven't I?
But, again, what do I know about psychology?

Going back on topic, the reason I won't review your code is because
you have rushed a design before understanding the analysis.
No, I'm not asking for a stalled mechanism for speedy trial, I don't
want speedy trial.
We disagree on the analysis of the problem to solve, that's why we
disagree on the design for the solution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_development_life_cycle#Analysis

Anyway, perhaps I look at the code in the future if your proposal
consensus change seems to prosper.

Regarding "merry christmas"...what the f are you talking about? it's
not Christmas time and neither you or me are christians, are you?
If this is some sort of riddle or joke, we really must have very
different senses of humor, because I don't get it.
Come on, J, let's both try to stay on topic or people will start to
correctly point out that we both negatively discriminate each other
for offtopic reasons, be them reasonably justified or not.

> Peace,

Ama, y ensancha el alma.

> Jeremy
> _______________________________________________
> bitcoin-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/bitcoin-dev