Subject: Re: [bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin Core and hard forks

From: Jorge Timón <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 19:33:29 +0200

That's not what I said. We don't seem able to communicate with each other
efficiently, probably my fault since English is not my native language. But
I don't want to use more of my time (or yours) in this discussion, since
it's clearly unproductive.
On Jul 28, 2015 6:45 PM, "Tom Harding" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Jorge,
>
> We obviously disagree fundamentally on the role of societal adoption, in
> the system that Satoshi designed.
>
> Adoption is well ahead of Satoshi's schedule, and the measure of this is
> the exchange rate.  It is at once an imperfect measure, and one of the most
> perfect markets that has ever existed.
>
> As long as hardware, electric power, and bandwidth are priced in fiat
> currency, the exchange rate is a critical variable to security, capacity,
> and other metrics of network health.
>
> It's not inconsistent that you consider the exchange rate irrelevant.  In
> fact it explains why you believe that Satoshi's timetable for transitioning
> to fee incentives can be summarily tossed aside and replaced with something
> you think is better.
>
> Here's an English saying I just invented.  A bunch of geniuses can do a
> lot more damage than one fool.
>
>