Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Raw Transaction RPC calls for bitcoind

From: Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:00:57 -0400

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Peter Vessenes <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This is super cool!
>
> I have a feature request: it would be awesome to be able to provide private
> keys at the command line with the signature, turning the client into a
> wallet-less signature machine.

I like that idea.

A third argument that is an array of private keys (in the same format
as the dumpprivkey RPC call) should be easy to support, assuming the
semantics are:

+ If third argument given, do not require that the wallet be unlocked,
and only sign using the private key(s) given (ignore the bitcoind
wallet entirely).
+ Private keys would stay in bitcoind memory only for the duration of
the RPC call.

-- 
--
Gavin Andresen