Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Eli Dourado on "governance"

From: Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 11:22:14 -0400

I haven't seen this excellent recent blog post by Eli Dourado referenced
here:
  https://readplaintext.com/how-should-bitcoin-be-governed-680192fcd92b

I agree with his conclusions: we need better communication/organization
mechanisms among 'stakeholders' and between the various factions
(developers, miners, merchants, exchanges, end-users).

And the preliminary results of using a prediction market to try to wrestle
with the tough tradeoffs looks roughly correct to me, too:
   https://blocksizedebate.com/

(my only big disagreement with those predictions is the 'Number of nodes'
-- I don't think replace-by-fee would affect that number, and I think even
with no change we will see the number of full nodes on the network drop to
a couple thousand, because the general-purpose-home-PC is headed the way of
the dodo:
http://www.businessinsider.com/pc-sales-plummet-in-q2-2015-gartner-idc-say-2015-7
).

-- 
--
Gavin Andresen