Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Code review

From: Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 12:31:57 +1000

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM, Mike Hearn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'd like to make a small request - when submitting large, complex pieces
> of work for review, please either submit it as one giant squashed change,
> or be an absolute fascist about keeping commits logically clean and
> separated.
>

I'll try harder to be a fascist (it doesn't come naturally to me). HUGE
thanks for taking the time to review the fee changes in detail.

RE: using Review Board:

I'm all for using better tools, if they will actually get used. If a
potential reviewer has to sign up to create a Review Board account or learn
Yet Another Tool, then I think it would be counter-productive:  we'd just
make the pool of reviewers even smaller than it already is.

Are there good examples of other open source software projects successfully
incentivizing review that we can copy?

For example, I'm wondering if maybe for the 0.9 release and onwards the
"Thank you" section should thank only people who have significantly helped
test or review other people's code.

-- 
--
Gavin Andresen