Subject: [Bitcoin-development] Project status

From: Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:10:01 -0400

Quick brain dump on a bunch of stuff:

I'd like to get a 0.4 release out, but am still working on a fix for
the deadlock bugs that the new wallet encryption and/or the CWallet
refactoring caused. My short-term plan is to reduce the number of
locks and make sure they're always acquired in a consistent order.
Longer term, I think reworking the design to be based on
boost::asio and use fewer threads is probably the right thing to do.

Other things on the 0.4 TODO list:  block chain checkpoint (got a PULL
for that, thanks).  Updated list of hard-coded seed nodes (nanotube
did that last time). Pieter's dump/import privkey patch.

After my talk at the conference, Alex Waters approached me about being
the core bitcoin Q/A lead; he'll be working on creating test plans,
keeping on top of the issues list, testing new features, and
suggesting improvements to the code/test/release process.  And
whatever else he thinks needs to be done to improve core bitcoin.

I'll be rewriting the m-of-n signature "standard transaction" proposal
to mitigate a potential denial-of-service attack that I realized it
would open up (details later, I don't want to give bad guys ideas).

-- 
--
Gavin Andresen