Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] 0.4rc1 known bugs

From: Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 11:07:25 -0400

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Luke-Jr <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Got a fix for the encrypted-wallet mining issue:
> - unique_coinbase

Turned this into a pull request:
  https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/505

I reviewed the code but have not tested.

Rough sketch of a test plan:

Run clean testnet-in-a-box bitcoind, with -keypool=1
Encrypt the wallet
Run bitcoind getnewaddress until it tell you keypool is exhausted
Generate a couple of blocks via internal miner -- verify: coinbase
transactions have unique txids even though they pay-to default key
Generate a couple of blocks via getwork RPC call -- verify: coinbase
transactions have unique txids

-- 
--
Gavin Andresen