Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Payment Protocol Proposal: Invoices/Payments/Receipts

From: Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:09:45 -0500

RE: Changing SignedInvoice's invoice field to 'bytes serialized_invoice':

Good Idea, I agree it will avoid potential issues. I think it then
makes sense to pull the pki_type and pki_data into SignedInvoice, too,
and specify that the signature is on the SHA256-HMAC of pki_type,
pki_data, and serialized_invoice (being careful to combine them in a
way that is secure).

RE: Changing Payment to include just merchant_data and not the entire Invoice:

Agreed, good idea.

RE: Mr. Stanish's suggestion to punt all of this and wait for a Grand
Unified Solution:

No, we have problems that need a solution right now. And, having
written one (I was the lead author of the ISO/IEC 14772-1
international standard) I'm very pessimistic about your chances for
anything like IFEX to actually be adopted.

-- 
--
Gavin Andresen