Subject: Re: [Bitcoin-development] Block Size Increase Requirements

From: Gavin Andresen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 11:08:12 -0400

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Jorge Timón <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Whatever...let's use the current subsidies, the same argument applies,
> it's just 20 + 25 = 45 btc per block for miner B vs 27 btc for miner B.
> Miner B would still go out of business, bigger blocks still mean more
> mining and validation centralization
>
Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

If Miner B is leaving 18BTC per block on the table because they have bad
connectivity, then they need to pay for better connectivity.

If you are arguing "I should be able to mine on a 56K modem connection from
the middle of the Sahara" then we're going to have to agree to disagree.

So: what is your specific proposal for minimum requirements for
connectivity to run a full node? The 20MB number comes from estimating
costs to run a full node, and as my back-and-forth to Chang Wung shows, the
costs are not excessive.

-- 
--
Gavin Andresen