Subject: [bitcoin-dev] Pull-req to enable Full-RBF by default

From: Daniel Lipshitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 13:26:11 +0300

This would unnecessarily and extremely negatively impact merchants and
users who choose to accept 0-conf while using mitigation tools like GAP600.
This negative impact could be avoided by simply adding first seen safe rule
- ie a trx can be replaced but needs to include the original outputs.

At GAP600 we continue to see strong use of our service for BTC we have seen
circa 350k unique trx hash per month (over the last 3 months) requested to
our platform. Our clients include - Coinpayments, Coinspaid and Changelly.
Given the period of Mempool being full we have seen an increase in the fee
required in order to be approved by our platform for trx. This is not an
insignificant use case and one which can be easily maintained as is.

We have provided further statistics in the past and direct feedback from
Coinspaid CEO with in the mailing list see here -
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2022-December/021240.html

We have not seen any impact of full RBF on double spend rates for our trxs
which seems to put in large question the stated figure of 40% adoption by
miners at such a rate of adoption we would expect to see a large increase
in double spends. We expect once this setting becomes default this will
greatly change the adoption of this service.
GAP600 model targets not to get it wrong and as such we are very sensitive
to any double spend which we get wrong in predicting as we reimburse our
clients. GAP600 is not a payment processor; rather services payment
processors, merchants and non custodial liquidity providers which service
non-custodial wallets.

________________________________

Daniel Lipshitz
GAP600| www.gap600.com